Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Thankful #8

I should have known I'd have a hard time keeping this up, but I still want to fill in all my days appropriately.  Today, and every day, I am thankful for my family.  I have been blessed with the world's best family. I hope that when I have my own someday I can do whatever it is that my parents did to make such a family.  I don't know what I did in the pre-existence, but I will be eternally grateful that I was saved to be a part of this family.  (and I know not everyone was saved for a specific family, but my patriarchal blessing let's me know I was, so don't judge. :) ).

We laugh together (a LOT), we shed tears sometimes, we pray for each other.  My mom texted me on Friday night to let me know that I'd do fine in the race on Saturday b/c Abbie said the family prayer that night and prayed that I would do well and be safe.  I was.  I love that we do that for each other.

Another thing I love about my family is that we don't feel competitive about each other.  Instead of being jealous when one person accomplishes something great (as, sadly, I've seen in other families), we are so happy and excited for each other.



I love them.  More than words can say.
Disclaimer: I couldn't quickly find pictures of everyone in my family.  We are missing some immediate family members that I dearly love: Bohdan, Mignon, Marquan, Sirreon, Monique, Stacy...and extended family as well...just sayin' doesn't mean I love them any less...

1 comment:

Megan said...

pretty sure my fav pic is your dad at Candie's wedding. :)