Friday, November 5, 2010

It may sound silly...

...but I am thankful for a washing machine.  I mean, we could also include in this all the other amenities we (pretty much all) enjoy in a 1st world country: dryers, dishwashers, microwaves, stoves, ovens, fresh water we don't have to buy, cars, vaccuums, air conditioning, heating...it really does go on and on.

Last night I really needed to do some laundry before our trip today...and I just stuck it in the washer with some soap, etc and let it do it's thing.  Then, when it was done, I stuck it in the dryer before I went to bed.  Now, it is all ready to go.  No scrubbing by hand, no soaking, no hanging to dry (and waiting).  It's almost magical really.  Thankful.  That is how I feel about it.

2 comments:

Jenette said...

Remember those days of soaking and scrubbing by hand? I sure do. I think it is great not to take it for granted.

Trulie said...

Yes, totally remember that. That's what I always think of when I need to get laundry done really quick and I can stick it in and go to bed...what a lush. :)