Anyway, I'm going to try to post some pictures and more exciting updates tomorrow, but I wanted to make some sort of statement...I feel it's needed after a month's absense. So, what have I been up to? Again, it's not much, but a lot at the same time. Let me elaborate:
1. I was seriously considering moving to Taiwan for 6 months to teach English. It seemed like a really good idea: learn Mandarin more easily (although I still need to make this happen), great experience, new culture, get paid more than now, fun w/ kids, travel...in the end, I decided it wasn't right. I am happy to stay near my family still though. I love being with them.
2. Railroad Museum. Yay! I remember going here in 4th grade...so it's been a few years, but I still think it's cool. I forgot my camera that day, but luckily I have some nice siblings I can steal some photos from for you to enjoy...
It was harder than expected to dangle from this ladder...
3. I've been able to go to the beautiful Sacramento Temple a couple of times. It is such a blessing to have the temple so close to us. A dream come true really. I remember praying for it my whole life.
4. Sierra & Abbie went with me a different Saturday from the Free Museum day to Old Town Sacramento. We had a good time. I will have to add some pics when I have time to find my USB port to upload them onto the computer.
5. Looking for a job while scooping gelato and making crepes. That sentence may be misleading...I don't do them at the same point in time, just do them both at this point in my life. Entendeu?
6. I sang in Portuguese with a ward friend (Bryce) for the Rocklin 6th Ward Talent Show.
7. I have come to love Kakuro...which is an advanced form of Sudoku...it involves adding. Acutally, I don't do it much, but I do enjoy it. :)
8. I have found a new interest in Family History. It has been very, very interesting to learn more in depth about my ancestors and to even just ponder on their lives. I am grateful for the life they've paved for me.
9. I have made a lot of new friends and I finally feel like I'm starting to fit in around here.
10. I miss my Utah friends a LOT. Its strange to move on in life and leave people in your past...sad too, but I am grateful t have known and loved such amazing people. And I love that we can still communicate b/c phones and emails cross state...and COUNTRY borders.
Well, I know that last one was not really something I did, more like just a thought, but it's a part of my current life.
I guess to sum up, life is good. Unpredictable and it makes me uneasy every once in a while when I remember that I have nothing in front of me really...I have NO idea what the next step is...I'm glad I've found out some things its NOT (ie Taiwan)...I guess that narrows down the next step, right? Yes, unpredictable and unstable, but GOOD. I love the Lord and I love that He is constantly reassuring me that He knows exactly where I am right now, and everything is happening just as it should. I trust Him. He's never led me astray before, and I know He won't ever.