Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving Break Plans

Have I ever mentioned how much I appreciate LOVE paid holidays (& also paid vacations)? Well, I do. I LOVE it. I remember the first time I had a paid holiday time was Thanksgiving and the Day After Thanksgiving a few years ago. I took a trip to Disneyland with my roommates.  I remember thinking, "I'm at Disneyland and I'm getting paid for it!"...honestly, I'm pretty sure that I said that out loud...at least once. It was the coolest.

Well, I still love paid time off. And I get 2 days this week!  I'm so excited!  Here are things I plan on doing:

Wednesday night 
  • Homemade Pizza/Movie party for my mom. Her birthday was Monday, but Drake doesn't come home until today, so we decided to really celebrate tomorrow (make sense?)


Thursday (Thanksgiving)
  • Pick up Paper (to get the ads to look through!)
  • Turkey Trot - a 5K that I will likely have to walk for a good chunk of b/c I have not been a good runner for the past year...I was planning on building up over the last week and I thought I could do a pretty good job...then I got the Cold of Death last week...so, really, I'm just lucky to be alive now.  I'll try my best though
  • Watch the Parade (until the games start for my dad to watch)
  • Make Food
  • Eat Food/Spend time with family
  • Nap
  • Be lazy
  • Read
  • Plan for Friday Shopping
Friday
  • SHOPPING! - I plan on doing most of my Christmas shopping this day. I know some people like to avoid Black Friday shopping, but I find it thrilling. LOVE IT.  I'm not yet sure when I'll start...will I stay up for the midnight openings?  Will I get up at 3? 4? 5?  That's what the planning is for (see Thursday's list)
  • Nap
  • Read
  • Spend time with Familia
  • Maybe go to Del Oro High School Playoff Game to support my Alma Mater? Go Golden Eagles!
  • Maybe I'll even brave the YSA dance? So many possibilities
Saturday
  • General laziness...although maybe I'll get around to cleaning my car...which I have been putting off for WAY too long
Anyway, I'm leaving a lot of room for options that may arise and to general do what I feel...but, this is going to be a GREAT weekend. I can feel it in my bones!

No comments: