Sunday, November 10, 2013

Life Goals

When I was in my early 20's (maybe late teens), my dad had us all write up 50 things we wanted to do in our lives. I was thinking about those things lately. I thought it would be fun to see where I am now and how many I've accomplished...and what I have left.

AND, I thought I'd share them all with you. :)

(Please ignore any weird ones that may appear...I was young, and these were private. :))

50 Things I Want To Do

  1. Finish School - Graduate from BYU
  2. Go on a mission
  3. Get married in the temple
  4. Start an eternal family
  5. Learn to play the guitar
  6. Become fluent in Spanish
  7. Learn a 3rd Language
  8. Buy a house
  9. Get a car (any)
  10. Get a credit card
  11. Get a NICE car
  12. Attend the temple often
  13. Go on a cruise
  14. Go to Hawaii
  15. Visit historic Church sites
  16. Improve on the piano
  17. Exercise @ least 3 times/week
  18. Learn how to cook a roast
  19. Learn to make candy...yummm
  20. Get a laptop
  21. Memorize favorite scriptures/quotes
  22. Go to Disneyworld
  23. Live in Cali (@ some point) 
  24. Become a better friend
  25. Become a better sister
  26. Become a better daughter
  27. Become a better disciple of Christ
  28. Read good books
  29. Study God's words
  30. See General Conference in the Conference Center
  31. Go on Ward Temple Trips
  32. Learn to clog
  33. Learn to Ballroom Dance
  34. Get (fun) books from BYU Library & read them
  35. Take floral arranging
  36. Learn Calligraphy
  37. Learn to cut hair
  38. Get a stereo w/ Karaoke function
  39. Go out of the country
  40. Speak Spanish on vacation
  41. Give away a Book of Mormon
  42. Go Scuba Diving
  43. Meet a General Authority
  44. Go to as many temples as possible
  45. Swim in the Atlantic ocean
  46. Ride lots of roller coasters
  47. Become a neater person
  48. Go to @ least 3 of the places from "Kokomo" by the Beach Boys
  49. Go to Europe
  50. See the Statue of LIBERTY
And, at some point, I added one more:
   51.  Go to the circus

From my calculations, I've accomplished about 50% of these goals in the last decade. Not too bad. Some of these are ongoing too, so maybe I could count more, but I left them for now...I can always improve on becoming a better Disciple of Christ and becoming a neater person, for example, but I feel like I have gotten better than when I wrote this list.

I am going to ponder on what I want to accomplish now. Obviously, I still want to keep most of what is on this list that has yet to be accomplished, but I want to add to it now. Fun to look back though!

Thanks for the idea, Dad!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Such a great list! I like the Kokomo one. Hilariously awesome! Too bad you weren't home a few weeks ago, I could have gotten us tickets to the circus! :) Maybe next time....

Miss you!