Sunday, August 9, 2009

California YSA Conference


I feel blessed to have participated in this great event. I didn't fall in love, so no one get excited. But, I did feel the love of God very strongly. I feel like I've been in a bit of a slump lately, and this weekend of strong Spirit was exactly what I needed right now.
Here are a few things that really stood out to me, and that make me grateful that I was able to participate.
  • It amazes me that I was one of over 11,000 YSA's throughout the entire of state of California participating in the same events at the same time. We stood together, we exceeded goals, and I do feel like we have, and will be blessed for our efforts.
  • In conjunction with the first point, I am amazed at the way we exceeded the goals set before us. In the opening broadcast a few months ago, we watched a video that outlined the goals set for us by the Priesthood Leadership of California. One goal was to have 10,000 attend, instead we had over 11,000. Another goal was to invite a less active or non-member friend to attend with us. As a ward missionary, I can say that we invited on average probably at least 10 every week in our ward alone. I am amazed at the way people stepped up to that challenge. A goal was set for us to do 10,000 ordinances in the temple statewide in the 3 months leading up the conference. As of yesterday, the ordinances that had been counted added up to over 70,000. That amazes me. I can feel the difference this rededication to temple service has made in my life, and I think we can all feel that power.
  • The speakers who taught us over the last couple days had the Spirit with them so strongly. I am grateful for the many, many lessons learned (that I won't bore you on at this time:)).
  • Quite possibly the thing that stood out to me most was the Sacrament today during our Sacrament Meeting. I have such a great love for the Priesthood of God. I will never cease to be amazed of the power I feel as I watch righteous men of God stand together and serve Him, and act in His name. It reminded me of being in the MTC and watching the Elders in my district practice baptizing. Power. I know I was not the only one touched b/c a girl was asked to bear her testimony later in the day and she mentioned this moment as well.
There were many other experiences, but I think that's sufficient for this blog. :) I love this Gospel. I am grateful to be a part of it. I am grateful for the way my life has turned out so far. I can see the hand and wisdom of my loving Heavenly Father in my life. I am grateful for this experience. He knew I needed it.

1 comment:

Adam said...

Wow those numbers are amazing! The cool thing is that more than numbers, they are indicative of a collection of individual commitments to live the gospel. What a neat experience. Thanks for sharing!