So, quite a bit has happened since I've been home and yet, nothing has really happened all at the same time. :) I really wish I had a camera to add some pizzaz to this post w/ some pics...but...maybe someday soon-ish. :)
Here are a few of the happenings:
1. I made it safely to California and unloaded my stuff into one of two places: my parent's house or a small storage unit here in L-town.
2. I went to the Loomis 1st ward (twice) :)
3. I went to the Rockliln 6th ward (the single's ward I will attend here) for sacrament meeting, which was cool, but it will take some getting used to a new ward...
4. I had an interview for a job...still waiting to hear back...still trying to decide if I'll say yes if they offer me a position...more to come on this matter.
5. Hung out w/ extended family on a couple of occasions: FHE last night b/c Dixie was in town and Church and an "after party" on Sunday b/c Zack gave his homecoming talk. :)
6. Went to my 1st cake decorating class with Candie and Mom. That was tonight, it was fun...next week should be even more so as we get all started and what-not. :)
7. Applied for lots more jobs...just in case either way (see #4 above)
8. Read a couple books: Ida B and The Lightening Theif
9. Watched quite a few movies, including, but not limited to: Fred Claus, Garfield Thanksgiving Special, Garfield Halloween Special, Love Comes Softly, Love's Enduring Promise, Love's Long Journey, and a few others that my foggy mind can not now remember...
10. Helped make some yummy food (emphasis on only helping...Mom and Dad are much better cooks anyway. ) :)
11. Did the Folsom 5K Turkey Trot w/ Drake, Dad, Candie & Josh...I was a little sore the next day, but I like to think it made up for a lot of the food I ate later that day. :)
Now do you know what I meant by a lot has happened, yet nothing at the same time?
Oh, and also I've developed a stupid, stupid cold...sick!
An Open Letter to Santa - 2016
9 months ago