Saturday, June 18, 2011

Is it just me?

Yes, I know I have been EXTREMELY negligent of my blogging...and I know I say that all the time.  I really do have a desire to start being more diligent.  But, I've got to start somewhere....this has been on my mind.

Is it just me, or does anyone else find that things seem so much worse in the middle of the night?  I have a bad habit of waking up multiple times during the night (not that I do it on purpose).  Usually, I can go right back to sleep and it's not that big of a deal (seriously, I wake up 5-6 times per night on average, I'd guess).

Anyway, if I'm not careful, I will start thinking about things in life like, "I really need to email/call so and so", or "I forgot to email the bishop the list of suggestions for Teachings for our Times and new callings", or "How can I pay off my car sooner?"  Sometimes I think that maybe its the best time for the Spirit to remind me of things because there aren't other things battling for my attention.  But, whatever the reason, when it happens everything seems like a HUGE deal, and I end up being wide awake stressed about it.  I'll finally get back to sleep (usually) and then when daylight dawns and I think about it...it doesn't seem quite so dramatic.  Sigh.  I've found myself lately being able to think, "it won't seem so bad in the morning".  And, usually that's true.

Does this happen to anyone else?  Or am I just crazy?

2 comments:

Candie said...

that happens to me too! i write whatever it is down and then i feel like it's ok to go back to sleep. you should try it!

Kat said...

That reminds me of a talk from Conference. I don't remember who gave it, but when they woke up and read what they wrote - well, it wasn't legible. Now that I've done.