Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011

I love the beginning of a new year.  It's like the beginning of a new journal, or a new school year with new school supplies.  I just have this feeling of so many possibilities.  ANYTHING can happen.  I love thinking about what my life will be like at this time next year.  Where will I be?  What will have changed?  I hope I'm a better person.  I hope I become more like Christ.

I always like to set resolutions.  I'm fairly good at keeping them, at least a few at a time.  Maybe I shouldn't make so many, but I'm ok with making a lot and then keeping up with some.  I still have that feeling of accomplishment, and I've learned to let go of the ones that taper off and be ok with it.  I always make some resolutions in January and then often make some more/change some in April when I have my birthday.  But, here are a few of the ones I've decided on for this year (the ones I can remember off the top of my head b/c I don't really feel like getting up and going in my room to find my whole list).

  • Study the Articles of Faith and the principles they teach, including really memorizing them
  • Attend the temple every month
  • Go to the gym 4 times a week
  • Clean out my car once a week
  • Wash my car inside and out once a month
  • Write in my journal every night (I was really good at this for 6+ years, but have slacked off lately...it's time to get back to it)
  • Be a better visiting teacher (I need to decide how to measure this one)
  • Lose 20 pounds
I think I can do it. :)  I hope every one of you also have a beautiful new year.  I can't wait to see what it brings!

No comments: