Sunday, July 25, 2010

Timing

I recently re-listened to an old BYU devotional by Elder Dallin H. Oaks from 2002 called Timing.  The first time I heard it was when it was given.  It was right before my mission and it felt as if he were talking just to me.  Anyway, lately it's been something I've been thinking about again.

There are so many things I wish I could be doing right now.  Some big, some smaller.

  • I wish I could take a class at the community college.  I miss learning. 
  • I wish I had time to work on Family History.
  • I wish I could serve at the temple as an ordinance worker.
  • I wish I was a wife and mother
But, I know I'm where I'm supposed to be right now, and right now, the Lord has asked me to do other things. Listening to Elder Oaks' talk reminded me that "we cannot have true faith in the Lord without also having complete trust in the Lord's will and in the Lord's timing".

I'm not complaining, just sharing.  I am content to do what the Lord has planned for me right now in my life.  It often means I sacrifice the things I want, for the things He wants from me right now.  Not that I think I won't eventually do all of the things I want to do.  I just have to wait it out.  I've seen Him bless my life time and time again as I've tried to do His will.  I know he will ALWAYS continue to do so.  He is "wonderful great".

No comments: