Did you know that I used to work at the BYU ID Center? If you're reading this, you probably know me, and if you know me, than I'm sure you've heard me talk about it before. It is a reality that working at the ID Center is the best job ever. There is no question. We are the lucky few who have had the experience.
Here are a few of my favorite memories from my 3 years as an employee at the ID Center. (Off the top of my head, so this will probably be an expanding list). In no particular order:
- Laffy taffy jokes galore during One Stop
- Instant Messaging group conversations...even when most, if not all of us, were in the same room :)
- Decorating the office for holidays...(Remember the Grinch on Chris' door?)
- Sharing the joy of music videos over and over again. (Everytime I hear "Bad Day" or "Home", I ALWAYS think of the ID Center)
- Enforcing the honor code ("Did you shave today? No? Well, we have razors and shaving cream that you can use, or you can come back another time")
- Freshmen with their parents ("No, actually, you can't use your ID to verify your son's ID, he is an adult now...he needs to have his own")
- Our (perhaps one-sided) rivalry with the Info Desk (I don't know if rivalry is the right word, but you girls know what I mean)
- Shimmying at the webcam...I almost forgot this happened. :)
- Group shots on Herman Munster's account
"Best kept secret on BYU campus". No one could ever quite fathom the greatness of it all. I'm pretty sure it was the people. I love you girls!!